N54 bucketless "Double Shot" Fuel pump upgrade - "External Series"
- 850WHP on Racegas ethanol blends below E50 / 800WHP on Ethanol blends above E50
Looking to make 700WHP+ on your N54 powered vehicle, need the fuel to do to so, and don't want to spend a ton of money? Look no further than the PFS bucketless fuel "External Series" pump upgrade! The external series takes our already best on the market bucketless design and adds a 3/8 Quick Disconnect bulkhead fitting to the top hat which allows you to run the secondary pump independent of the factory lines. This allows FULL FLOW from the second pump unhindered by the factory jet pump, siphon, fuel filter, or Fuel pressure regulator. We add a few more options to get the fuel flow needed to make your N54 king of the kill!
(If ordering our PFS PI kit, we can work with you to get the proper line configuration so you are not buying multiples line sets)
(Custom line kits can be ordered, simply let us know your needs, and we will build you a custom set up)
- All PFS "External Series" Bucketless pumps include the following:
- Two New E85 compatible Walbro 450 F9000274 pumps
- Two new Walbro filters
- Wiring Harness for the secondary pump with Fused power
- Hobbs Switch
- Fuel pump relay
- 3/8 secondary pump discharge QD fitting for passenger side top hat
- -6 Fuel line from Passenger side tank to front of the vehicle
- -6 Fuel line from Driver side tank to front of the vehicle
- PFS 10 micron filter with choice of outlet fittings
- Flow testing on the PFS test bench prior to shipping
- Options for "External Series" Bucketless pumps include the following:
- External Fuel Pressure regulator with return line $249.00
- Return fitting on passenger top hat
- -6 Fuel line from FPR to passenger side top hat
All parts are 6061-T6 aircraft aluminum and anodized for a tough durable finish, compatible with all fuel types. We ONLY sell the Walbro F9000274, NOT the lower pressure relief F9000267 pumps. Every PFS fuel pump upgrade includes the 274!
- Compatible with the following vehicles:
- 1' E88 (11/2006 — 10/2013)
- 1' E82 (11/2006 — 10/2013)
- 3' E90 (02/2004 — 09/2008)
- 3' E90 LCI (07/2007 — 12/2011)
- 3' E91 (02/2004 — 08/2008)
- 3' E91 LCI (07/2007 — 05/2012)
- 3' E92 (05/2005 — 02/2010)
- 3' E92 LCI (11/2008 — 06/2013)
- 3' E93 (09/2005 — 02/2010)
- 3' E93 LCI (11/2008 — 10/2013)
- X1 E84 (04/2009 — 06/2015)
- NOTE: These kits include a standard Walbro filter assembly. When using this filter, running the vehicle under low fuel conditions can cause fuel starvation issues. If you do hard straight line accelerations when you have less than 1/8 tank of fuel, we would recommend running the PFS bucketed upgraded LPFP which keep the bucket in place. In addition, if you intend to use this for road course applications, you may see starvation issues when running less than a half tank and performing long high G right turns. Again for those applications, we'd recommend one of our bucketed pump applications.
Modern fuel systems no longer use rubber components because of their incompatibility with modern enhanced pump gas which contains ethanol and other solvents such as toluene, xylene and MTBE. Unlike flex tubes, rubber hose will break down very quickly when exposed to these types of fluids. This will allow vapors to leach into the atmosphere and cause the hose to swell and burst. Rubber particles may also contaminate a modern fuel system causing jet pumps, siphon pumps, check valves, regulators, diverters and injectors to fail. When replacing a fuel pump in a new fuel system, it is imperative that a new fuel tube be used. PFS uses fuel tubes in all of its late-model fuel pump assemblies to guarantee compatibly and reliability with the factory fuel system.